Monday, September 17, 2012

The Battle of Me - Skylines (Free Music, Review) @TBOMband @Noisetrade #rock #pop #favorite


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :   Four Year Strong, The Dangerous Summer, The Almost


5 Songs

Overall Thoughts:

A pretty sweet rocking sound.. very great energy.. the messages are a bit hard to grasp.. seems there are some details missing.. I feel that if I just knew one thing I would 'get' it and like the songs all the more.. (I came up with what I could below!)

At time they even have a slight bit of sceamo..

I have added this to my favorites

Recording Thoughts:

Very Good ... Professional

Stand Outs:

"Skyline" - my guess for this song is that we do put up walls that block us from the beauty... And block us from all things that may be bad but also good... Instead... We should want those walls down.. And gain access again to the 'skyline'.. To. Again to know freedom.. And give God access to yourself.. No longer hidden


"Firefights" - defining ourselves.. The Battle that may be fought that ends up creating the definitions for us.. Darkness may take root, but we can hope in the future and fight for the good in us instead

"Riot Sounds" - first off I like that this sounds like NewWorldSon... And as for message... It seems like the moments of life that we are just not sure of what to choose.. Battling right and wrong...Oh.. Wow to the guitar solo... AMAZING!... I guess as well there is a a theme of feeling that life is worthless.. And if you deal with that in anger and WORDS or in calm and peace

"Sleeping Through Fire" - There is certainly a theme of redemption here... Life being the fire.. The hurricane.. And the ability to make it though it calm.. In Christ... "not a time to sin".."From my open wounds I recognize your blood".. The understanding of the debt paid.. We can either sulk in our troubles.. Or live IN the solution!

"The Story" - starting with the landing on the moon... Backed by very awesome alternative rock.. Another song dealing with hiding behind walls... And again sleep is heavy in the song... The whole album sems to deal with the issue of.. Well issues... And finding that calm.. Even among the insanity... And this song really has a fairly clear thanks to God for that ability (I mean.. there is only ONE that I could think of that 'set the stars on fire, and pulled me from the mire')



take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@TBOMband on twitter 


Noisetrade
Facebook
Bandcamp
itunes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers