Monday, September 17, 2012

White Lantern - Celebrate Recovery Collection (Free Music, Review) @MatthewSCoker @Noisetrade #pop #rock


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :   DC Talk, Jazz, Pop Contemporary, Celebrate Recovery



14 Songs

Overall Thoughts:

An album dedicated to the idea of Celebrate Recovery.. it seems to be a compiling of much of his music.. so many of them I have already covered with my thoughts in the past.. I will point to those for each song.. and anyone that I have not reviewed I will give my thoughts on.. 

I found this album to be a great one for anyone.. such great messages throughout it!

Recording Thoughts:

Pretty Good ... Semi-Professional

Stand Outs:

"One More River" - I like the message here.. and it has a smooth sound.. pretty simple and relaxing.. refreshing.. I think it was a great choice to start out the album.. it really gets one in the right mindset. 

"Child 2011" - I feel the same that I did about this during my other review :) (first link above)

"I Need You to Love Me" - again.. the same as a link above.. (the second link)

"Monster" - (second link)

"Missing Person" - (second link)

"When God Ran" - (second link)

"I Am Sure" - a bit off in the recording and mix.. it almost has a funk like feel to it.. I really liked the beat.. and certainly .. the message is solid, as well as good!! 

"The Last Time" - this is one that I know is older.. as I do have the disc that has it on it.. I do like this one.. really cool alternative sound with it.. though it as well is in need of mixing fixing .. Wonderful message as it is something I have dealt with myself many, many times.. not wanting to go back into a mistake.. 

"Hopeless Things" - (first link)

"Help Me Find A Way" - Another with a great message.. really a worshipful spirit.. being honest with ourselves we would understand the power that in within our reach in that of God.. instead of dragging ourselves through the muck we can go to Him and he will "Help Me Find A Way" .. great song!

"Colon End Parenthesis" - I know this one from one of the older albums as well.. and I find the 80's  television feel of this musical song to be interesting and puts a smile on my face.. not sure why a smile.. hmm.. really just a song about not letting the worries of this world taking joy from you!

"The God Who Sees" - this has an even older feel... maybe.. 60's or 70's.. though.. I like it .. very retro.. and the message again is great.. 

"Why Don't You Just Come Home?" - When we run.. when we feel that we are not worthy.. the only thing really keeping us away.. is ourselves.. odd that it works that way.. yet we point the finger vigorously in those times than any other as well..

"Pick Me Up Lord" - I not sure If I can honestly say if the echo was cool.. or was odd.. I am leaning more to odd.. I much more enjoyed when the vocals were clear.. The message is clear no matter though.. sometimes we just need that unconditional love.. that one that .. in the moment all of our worries and mistakes roll off settling our minds and in a way becoming innocent again.. like a child in the arms of a parent.. beauty, honestly! 

take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@MatthewSCoker on twitter 


Noisetrade
Facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers