Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Moderately Homeless Worries (Blurb)

 
 
 Sometimes a thing happens you were just not quite ready for.  

My family and I (as you can see the start of this talk HERE) needed to move from our home.  We are at this time in another interesting period of this transition.  The 'Moderately Homeless' part.  We have no home to quite call our own, but we have homes we are FAR blessed to be able to stay in during this period.  

We are awaiting the finalization of our purchasing of a home.

There are a few factors that could come into play, and due to my nature of thinking of the worst case scenario to make whatever happens seem better, as well as 'be prepared' like a good scout for the 'worst'.

One big one is underwriting, with the loan company, could deny the request, which would be detrimental in an interesting and quite final way, but ... worst case would just put our family living the way we are for a more extended period of time.  Not too bad, and really not the ... worst of worst cases.  If it happened I think we could handle it.  

I am not sure why, but this is usually how I deal with things.  If I believe I can handle what I deem the worst case, then I do not need to worry about the issue.  

--

Matthew 6:25-34

New International Version (NIV)

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

--

Odd... my logic is no where to be found in scripture.  

Maybe He just missed that part?  Maybe He really meant we should do what I do and THEN we can follow with what this says... I am sure that is right, because then... I would be right - and that is nice.. it is good.. it is comforting.

Truth, be truth - always! 

Life my be crazy, and totally not what it was just a few days, weeks, months, or even years ago - but our job as Christ following men and woman is to not worry.  We should trust God and keep moving forward.  

Please be in prayer for us - and if you will, make special mention I do not worry due to my trust in God, and not for my ability to make it through the worst possible outcome.  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers