Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Key To Control (blurb)


I am a person that enjoys control.  I personally like to say that I do not, because I find that those who want to be in control all the time are overbearing and ultimately ridiculous in things they do for that control.  I like to think of myself as more of a 'slow guider' than a controller when it comes to others - and honestly as a follower of Christ I think that fits well.  

One of the things I can pretty much totally be in control of is the physical things around me, and the way that they are utilized.  I prefer them to be used in the most effective way possible. This is why, if you were to visit me at work, you would find me standing at my desk instead of sitting or as well if you tried to type anything on any computer that I use you would only find nonsense on the screen before you due to the fact that I actually use a different keyboard format than the rest of the world.  You see... I prefer my control to be in things that the 'mainstream' does not usually deem 'the way' or such as that.  It is not the most motivational reason, but usually I find these ways simpler, or beneficial to me in ways that expound the odd and irritated looks I get for choosing to do them.  

The most recent thing that I have changed has to do with a folder that I have my keyboard sitting on at work.  

I always gave those little flip down flipper plastic pieces on the back of the keyboard the benefit of the doubt and believed that they were there to be used for my benefit... little did I know... THIS lifehacker article discusses that the true purpose of those flippers is for the users better viewing of the keys. 

Wait.. what?.. Better viewing.. 

I don't even look at the keys.. wait.. my keyboard layout is not even what the keys show on the keyboard!

What good is that to me!

You see... you see how I am a control hound!  I want ALL things to be beneficial to me!  MUAH.. ha ha ha ha!!!! .. *cough* excuse me.. where was I.. yes

In reading the article you will find studies have shown that the further tilted BACK away from the user the keyboard is the better the position is on the joints.  After reading this.... I flipped the folder under my keyboard around so it fit the proper parameters and guess what? 

It FEELS better!  It actually FEELS better to lay my hands down on the keyboard and type.  Such a simple thing has, in a way, drastically changed my life - and made it better.  

Simple... 

One... Simple... Change...

Such a thing is all it takes to either bring you a mile closer to God... or a mile away.  Everyday you make choices... are the steps you take bringing you closer?.. Are they for the benefit of your spiritual self?.. or do they move you away?  

Are you torturing yourself trying to utilize what you think is a device or spiritual betterment, that was never truly intended to work in such a way? 

--

Psalm 139:23-24

New International Version (NIV)
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
--

Pray such a prayer as Psalm 139 shows and honestly seek God in the answer.  Find those things within that you can change.. little by little.. gaining more and more control for God in your life! 

 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers