Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Review: The Blinding Knife


The Blinding Knife
The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is still an enjoyable series with enjoyable characters. The one thing I have found odd is how Brent Weeks seem to take the story. He seems to like to throw a monkey wrench in the works a lot.

This is not an uncommon thing with writing, but what I find odd is how I could see how the story was progressing... then he makes this monkey wrench move that just blows me away. That move then begins to reorient the way the story could go or how the character can deal with the new situation and suddenly it all becomes void in some way. Once again we are on the path it seemed like would be taken from the start. Making the twists just feel like episodic endings trying to keep the reader glued to the story, which I must admit... worked in my case.

If you read the first, you will find that the world created in these stories will not open too much more then it already was. This may be the most disappointing thing I had for the stories, but can see much more widening possible with the mysteries added into the tale with this installment.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers