Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Review: Cloak


Cloak
Cloak by James Gough

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



A pretty easy to get into kids/teen type book.

Not to say that only kids would enjoy this. I really enjoyed it. It kind of reminded me of reading Percy Jackson or better yet Artemis Fowl books.

I found the main character to be a bit too stereotypical for this type of book, but these days it is pretty hard to really pin down something that sounds different without just hitting another stereotype.

The flow of the book was nice and I liked the progression of the story. There certainly were elements that just did not click until described at the end. I like that. I like to have all the nice loose ends falling about and trying to figure them out myself.

I like it if I do figure them out.. but not too early in the story. But to have them fall into place right where the author intended it to go. That just speaks for the author. So... well done.

A good read. Quite clean and interesting tale.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers