Saturday, September 17, 2011

Alison Brook - No Words (Free Music, Reviews) @AlisonBrook @noisetrade #pop #gospel




^^Widget Above^^

For Fans Of  JJ Heller, Nichole Nordeman, Audrey Assad, Jon Foreman, Ingrid Michaelson



This is a sampler - I have links at the bottom for the purchase of the full album! 

Whimsical music - hefty deep lyrics - very melodic voice, very enjoyable listening experience!! 

For me, if you say that you are 'like' Nicole Nordeman' you better be awesome, because I have a very high re-guard for her music... Alison really is like Nicole Nordeman.  The best thing - is that it is not exactly the same, she has her own style.. very beautiful! 

Stand Outs : 

"Circles" - This is almost a whole other way to portray "Voice of Truth" that is done by Casting Crowns - battling the voices of distraught and doubt within yourself and just focusing on Christ (reminds me of this blurb of mine)

Just the vocals themselves stand out strong in all the songs here !! 

~~~~~~~~

Alison's voice is so beautiful - I am not sure if she had anyone singing with her - or blended some together, or just has that much of an awesome voice, but I loved these songs.  I have added her album to my amazon wishlist and hope you will look to getting it as well!

@AlisonBrook on twitter

Noisetrade
Website
Facebook
itunes
cdbaby


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Derek, Thanks for the review. It means a lot to me. I happened upon your blog by chance really. It's always nice to unearth nice things instead of the opposite (which actually sometimes happens too...so is life.)

    Blessings,
    Alison

    Ps. I am singing with myself in all of the tracks. I do my own background vocals! Sometimes I try to sing a little differently so the blend is unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am glad you enjoyed the review. Thank you for letting me know about the background vocals. Awesome stuff.

      Delete

Leftovers