Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tanya Thomas - Still Discovering (Free Music, Review) @iamTanyaThomas @noisetrade #gospel #pop

 
^^Widget Above^^

For Fans Of Adele, India Arie, John Legend



Wonderful Lyrics!  really cool "outside the box" kind of stuff.  Nothing so outside that I am lost the entire song - really liked this about Tanya's music!! 

I would say that her music is pretty 'regular' as in I could listen to it at any time.. no matter my mood - I found some R&B beats and sounds throughout it as well as some almost techno sounds .. those are cool, and fit quite nicely with her voice

To add someone to the 'For Fans of' I would add Nicole Nordeman - Her voice is just as strong - as well her music is very moving and pure.  

Stand Outs:

"On Fire" - this is a cover (I only know this because it says so in the song title) - I found it enjoyable - I have no idea of the original, but really liked the song.

"Joy Like Sunshine" - this had a lot of the 'R&B beats" I mentioned above, but what was really cool was the almost tribal African drum beats that were at the end of this song.
"Believer" - I would actually see this as worship ... this is a really cool song!  Certainly a solid declaration of faith!! 

"Who We Are" - What, if you had the chance, would you change in your past? ... "These things shape who we are" ... I cannot change them - I would like to say that I want what I have done wrong to be changed - but I would not be me without them - knowing this I can make it through the next trial - because it will shape me, it will make me who I will be, depending on how I deal with it now, will I be a better person - or worse... what about you?

@iamTanyaThomas on twitter

Noisetrade
Website
Facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers