Saturday, March 10, 2012

52 Reasons : TWENTY_ONE : You Love Jesus


 "You Love Jesus"


I know that one of the biggest.. most important qualities that the woman I would marry would need to have.. it was a belief system that lined up with mine.  I do not do well with argument.  Not that I cannot argue.. it is that I get angry quickly.. so I do my best to avoid that kind of thing.

When I met Melanie I was not saved and I was certainly not 'Christian'.  I fit into the 'goody two shoes' well, but I now know that .. that is not the best I can be.  As we both grew together spiritually God gave me sight to know that Melanie would be my wife, and believe me.. it is easier said now then it was due to the 20/20 vision of hindsight, but I WAS told.  I was sure of it, but prayed hard for it not to be that way, not because I did not want the relationship, but that she was telling me that she did not want it. 

Jesus was the deciding factor in our relationship.  I think the 'me' before Christ would have married the first girl that was of age and consent.. as soon as possible, and one may argue that I did - but I was bent on being sure that we could live our lives together seeking Christ.  I am glad that God brought Melanie into my life - I would not be where I am without her.  

When you are looking for 'the one' be sure to have things that they 'must' be, because if they are not anywhere near what you need in your life, then you are both going to fail.  Melanie and I have had our troubles, but we knew who we really were  - and were ready to truly learn more.  I am glad I was open and honest with her, it has made our relationship much easier.. Jesus in us in what made that possible.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers