Saturday, May 12, 2012

Songs of Ascent - Selftitled (Free Music, Review) @noisetrade #acoustic #folk


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :  The Brillance, Gungor, Andrew Peterson, Josh Garrels, The Waifs


Multiple artists .. I have reviewed ("Circles") Alison Brook before HERE : http://derkopenedeyes.blogspot.com/2011/09/alison-brook-no-words-free-music.html 

Overall Thoughts:

Folk .. acoustic .. Mexican style acoustic.. and ... in that language a bit too.. very much variety here.

I have added this to my favorites

Recording Thoughts:

Good ... Professional

Stand Outs:

"Light of The World" - these great vocals backed by acoustic guitar really sucked me in.. and the song here is so great as well!  Lifting up God for His awesome ability to show us the way from darkness!  So poetic and really musically paints a picture in your mind.. well it did in my mind! 

"Circles" - see link above.. I wrote enough about it then.. lol

"Pardonada Soy" - If I had to guess .. this would translate to "I am Forgiven" .. I really liked this .. the mixture of English and Spanish.. with the guitar being played as it was.. really grabbed the beat and took me ears on an adventure... 

"I Love You Anyway" - vocals very much reminded my of Nicole Nordeman.. and even the message was much like her songs are.. so if I was guessing who the artist was for this song.. I would have guessed her.. so.. umm. yeah.. good song .. in the perspective of Christ.. and looking on one to let them .. let us know that we are worth what He did.. that "I Love You Anyway"

"Confession of a Prodigal" - beautiful song of redemption.. so artfully crafted.. "There are no facades, I'm done running from God" 

"Into Tomorrow" - strongly biblical.. and in the 'adoption' of us into Abraham's promise.. that we are in that amazing line by the grace of Christ.. and we are now able to follow in the footsteps of Christ.. and have a faith much like Abraham

"Pilgrim" - Going in the way of God.. in the way that we strive to be like Him.. and understanding His desire to want us to be with Him.. Thank you Christ for showing the way.. for being the guide to all of us.. the lost.. the "pilgrims' of this world

take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@soamusic on twitter 


Noisetrade
Website
Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers