Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jon Meyer - Every Card I Have (Free Music, Review) @meyerjon



^^Widget Above^^

THE REVIEW BELOW IS FOR THE ALBUM TITLING THIS POST, BUT JON UPDATED HIS NOISETRADE FREE MUSIC WITH WHAT YOU SEE IN THE WIDGET ABOVE (WHICH I AM DOWNLOADING)

YOU CAN STILL GET "Every Card I Have" ON AMAZON



For Fans of: MATT KEARNEY, BEBO NORMAN, GLEN PHILLIPS, DAVID WILCOX, JOHN MAYER

I definitely like his sound. Each song has

"Give My Heart a Break" Acoustic country music type feel, has that awesome 'twangyness' in it !!!

"I Should be in Bed" "If You're Gonna Leave Then Leave" Many of the songs seem to be more about an actual physical relationship, which is not really a bad thing - sometimes this can easily be portrayed to Christ such as in Chris Rice's song "My Tree".

"I'll be Around" And this is what I am talking about, on one had the 'singer' could be God/Jesus OR it could be some guy missing/comforting his love.... not positive, but the song is good

Jon Says this on his blog about this album "I played my hand with Every Card I Have. It’s a collection of tunes about God, relationships, laziness, and taking your own medicine."

Even though some of the songs might be less clear to be about God, but truth is Jon knows what he is doing... Sometimes our issues are just issues, and we just need a song about that. I am growing to understand that, and thank you Jon for that chance.

"The Morning Will Come" my favorite at the moment! One of the best ideals about living as a Christian... that no matter the bad... the morning will come... no matter the sin, we can continue to move on!

"The Water Finds The Roots" - the CLOSE second for my favorite... maybe neck and neck. I really enjoyed the symbolism here! Praises the idea that if you just hold firm, you will get what you need...








Jon Meyer is a good listen, and it actually looks as if he might have some good comedic songs as well. Check out the links below!

@meyerjon on twitter

Website

Noisetrade

YouTube

Facebook


Amazon => John Meyer







_





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers