Tuesday, March 20, 2012

52 Reasons : TWENTY_NINE : You Delivered A Baby



"You Delivered A Baby"


Really?  Did I? .. Everyone seems to find this amazing, but they have some problems in thinking that.  One thing is that some people ALSO think I am crazy as well for doing it.  There are those that realize that all I did was be there with my wife at the time and 'caught' my new born child.  Then there are those that understand the majesty and beauty that I was able to see from a place that I could never have truly been in any hospital setting.  

I am not saying that the birth of my other two kids was not amazing, but .. it was rushed.. and we were all irritated and annoyed by the end of it.  Asher's birth.. was a supremely calm and level headed experience.  In the hospital Melanie was ragged and beat after birthing..  At home she was refreshed and filled with vigor.  It was even commented on that she did not even look like she had been in labor.  This was very true. Mel had a beauty that day that I had not ever seen before.. and she has held onto it.  Asher's birth was a healing process to her.. and to our family. 

I would not trade this action/decision for anything.  It was one of the best things that could ever have happened to/for our family!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers