Thursday, August 20, 2015

Review: Perfect State

Perfect State Perfect State by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had no idea what I was opening up as I began reading this. I think that was fine. I found the story to be very similar to the Infinity Blade books. This is interesting because those were based on an already existing video game. I think both stories have good merit and really can open up interesting world of opportunities. Perfect State actually has more of a chance as it has a MUCH wider window of genres that could be slammed into one another.

THE ONLY REASON I GIVE THIS FOUR STARS INSTEAD OF FIVE:

I believe this story got it's heart stolen from it. Personally I would have liked to have a few parts ... 1st part. Our main character's supposed life BEFORE any of this revelation. Though it was a bit refreshing to get a twist near a start. I think several different stories that collide here in this world would have been interesting. Oh.. and if this is the explanation for the cosmere... umm.. no.. please no thank you. (fyi.. I don't see cosmere on it..so .. good thing)

IT was a quick fun read. I might even pick it up again. I would also be quick to pick up any other stories from this new, fresh universe of Sanderson.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers