Tuesday, August 14, 2012

An Epic No Less - Echo of Love (Music, Review) @anepicnoless #electronic #pop #worship #favorite


I guess this would be considered their 'first' album, even though I have the one that was posted on noisetrade a good long while back(2010).  "An Epic No Less" was one of the first 'Noisetrade Golds' that I 'found' .. I was not quite as active in posting reviews, and even in posting I was not so good at writing them out. (See original review HERE : http://derkopenedeyes.blogspot.com/2010/08/epic-no-less.html )

I almost did not get it, thinking that it was just a rehashed version of what they already had out, but I am OH SO GLAD that I purchased this album from Amazon. The small changes I noticed in the songs that I have heard are good and do improve on the songs and the additional NEW songs are WELL WORTH the price of getting the full album!! 

I think I still stand by my original statement about this group from my first review "I am so glad to hear music that so blends 'normal Christian music' with 'worship music'. This band is an electrica-pop-worship-awesomness blend of awesomeness." (quoting myself.. yeah.. odd)

An, An Epic No Less, if you catch yourself reading this.. would you consider joining the "Deck of Bands" .. and letting me send you card to sign.. it would be .. well.. Epic.. (click link for more info)

My Thoughts on Each Song:
Want to listen before buying check that out HERE : http://www.tweematic.com/anepicnoless/ 

*designates a new song (out of 10 songs only 4 were on the other album, three of which were the very ones that stood out the most to me way back in 2010)

"We Need You" - (you can see what my thoughts are on this in the original 'review')

*"Caught Up In This Moment" - Very rockin.. certainly smooth.. All about that moment that you are just in worship of God.. that you are 'lost' in that time.. anyone that have experienced knows this feeling.. and this song truly captures it! "I know that I'm found, when I'm lost in You" SO VERY TRUE!! 

"One Word" - (you can see what my thoughts are on this in the original 'review') Something I would like to add here.. my daughter did a dance to this song.. she worked really hard with me and her mother to come up with the moves. It was awesome..(I wish I could find the video) and this song is really still one of my all time favorites.. (I liked the female addition at the end, a very intelligent change.. really smoothed that out even more)

"Mercy Light" - Very beautiful song.. not sure why I did not mention it before.. such a great message.. OH SO UPLIFTING.. such a time that you can sing and love on God.. wonderful!! The desire to not being able to find Him.. the devotion to seek Him out.. and again.. love the newly added female vocals, and as well the 'wobblyness' of the words at some parts.. very artistic and sounded wonderful!! 

*"We Believe" - Really cool carefree type start of the song.. really got me excited.. really.. well life infusing .. such strong and passionate love for God.. for Christ. .for His love for us.. AWESOME!! 


"Echo of Love" - (you can see what my thoughts are on this in the original 'review') This had some kind of female vocals already.. really .. it does not sound all that much different.. but why change something that is already so very awesome!

*"Come To The Cross" - I would say that this is calm.. but really it has so much passion in it..  .. all about Christ.. and more important a calling to others to come to the cross.. to Christ.. 'as you are' and be renewed.. very, very cool 

*"Rescue Me" - More alternative in sound.. less 'electric'.. but still there is not much that is better than the sound that this band has.. SO AMAZING!! The want for God.. for understanding the NEED that we all have for a Savior.. Such wonderful life giving lyrics.. strongly biblical.. pouring the gospel strongly with every note!! 

*"Bright White Light" - really cool beat.. I was bouncing back and forth as I listened..Such a sweet melding of thoughts and the praising of our God!  .. I REALLY enjoyed the encouragement that this song has in it.. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! POWERFUL!! 

*"Your Love Is Louder" - A very different feel for the album.. though that makes sense with the female vocals fronting the song.. very smooth.. very elegant.. not one of my favorites.. if I was scoring any of these songs ALL would get 5's (my highest score) .. and this one would get.. well.. a 4 1/2 :) 

Why Are They A Band?


Purchasing Options:
itunes
it is there.. I have no link right now
Facebook
Amazon



@
anepicnoless on twitter



Here is a list of albums that I have reviewed from Noisetrade (free if they are still posted) that over the past two years reminded me of An Epic No Less

We Are Creation (Not from Noisetrade - from Come & Live) - http://derkopenedeyes.blogspot.com/2012/06/we-are-creation-selftitled-free-music.html 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers